www.yeerphoto.com Robert Yee Photography - Orange County & Los Angeles Wedding Photographer Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

1930-2009

The day was March 3, 1930 in Vietnam where my friends grandpa was born. His life journey brought him to California where he had a fruitful life and then entered into rest on August 4, 2009. He was 79 years, 5 months and 1 day old.

I received a phone call from my friend on a Wednesday asking if I can document the funeral the next two days. I don't think anyone gets happy about funerals, but I was happy about the photojournalism that came about and felt fortunate that he asked me.

This funeral was a little different than the previous one I documented because he was buried; previously she was placed in a tomb.

As the workers began to lower the casket into the grave and proceeded to shovel dirt into the grave this is when I realized how real death is and how our time here is a journey. I quickly had to clear my mind and continue to do what I was asked to do; document the event.

I won't post any of the photo's on my blog, but will give you the choice of seeing them by clicking this link.

I promise my next post will be fun! =)

No comments: