www.yeerphoto.com Robert Yee Photography - Orange County & Los Angeles Wedding Photographer Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Lab + Crystal Cove + Grand Tradition Estate

This is a continuation of the weekend, Sundays wedding.

I frequent The Lab in Costa Mesa now and then and knew it was a great spot for photos. I was lucky enough that my couple also agreed it was a great spot and also wanted to shoot at Crystal Cove beach.


































They celebrated their wedding this past weekend at Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbrook. This place was awesome; the staff was superb, location was great and we had great light. More importantly the couple was awesome.





































































The photo below needs some explanation. At first glance you'd think its someone crying for happiness but instead its for sadness.

After the wedding I was walking to grab my stuff and I overhead the lady (pictured) ask a worker if the wedding had started, she replied with "its already over". I knew it was game time for me so I observed what was happening and shot.

I don't recall ever being sad at a wedding, but this was the first time. I really empathized with the lady, but thankfully I covered the wedding well and my photo's should do the story justice.




I overshot my 5D classic so I was forced to buy a 5d2. I won't go into what I think about it, but I do like the video although its a pain to focus manually. Here's a short clip I took at the reception.

No comments: